Share this page:
Manager - Tax Advisory Services / Columbus
Founded in 1938, Clark Schaefer Hackett is a leading regional accounting, business consulting and professional services firms with over 350 shareholders, principals, managers and staff. Operating 6 offices in Ohio - Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Miami Valley, Springfield and Toledo – we provide assurance, tax and business consulting services to many of this region’s premier commercial businesses, not for profits, government entities and individuals. We are proudly recognized as one of the top CPA firms in the United States and as a founding member of AGN International.
We are currently adding a Tax Manager to our practice. The ideal candidate would work from our Columbus (Easton) office.
The Tax Manager is one of the lead providers of proactive tax planning, compliance, review and research services for a diverse group of clients in one or more industries. The Tax Manager will manage or supervise all phases of client engagements, may have primary client responsibility and, in some cases, may be assigned to manage a department. He/she may be called upon to deliver presentations and to write articles and to provide leadership, supervision, training and performance feedback to Senior and Staff level Accountants.
• Preparation and/or review of Federal, State, County and Local Income/Franchise, Sales/Use & Property returns
• May review form 1120, 1120S and 1065 tax returns
• Contribute to or lead tax planning engagements
• Gather and prepare information for Federal or State Tax Auditors
• Complete research and planning projects
• Provide Business Advisory and Consulting Services
• Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance; MAcc, LLM, JD or advanced degrees preferred
• A CPA certification is required
• Minimum of 5 yrs of progressive experience in tax preparation, compliance & consulting
• Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience managing tax field work or projects
• Strong SALT experience preferred (Sales/Use Tax, Income/Franchise, Property)
• Proficiency w/ research tools (RIA, CCH, etc.) and with ProSystems FX preferred
• Experience working w/clients from a variety of industries ideal (core competency in one or more specific industries strongly preferred)
• Experience with new business development and client relations responsibilities strongly preferred
To be considered for these positions, please submit your cover letter and resume to ColumbusRecruiting@cshco.com. Please note that unsolicited resumes or candidate submittals from third party recruiting or search firms will not be reviewed or considered.
Email Resumes To: ColumbusRecruiting@cshco.com