Kent Pummel is a Certified Valuation Analyst, obtaining accreditation in 2001 from NACVA and in 2006 from AICPA. He is skilled at the highly disciplined specialty of evaluating a company’s worth. Kent has worked with clients in the professional services industry who need to understand the value of their business. He is a resource to perform valuations for firms who would like their value calculated before they apply for loans, during ownership disputes, or prior to succession planning.
Kent has experience valuing businesses for estate and gift tax purposes, phantom stock plans, 409A compliance, disgruntled shareholder suits, buy-sell arrangements and divorce. He also presents on business valuations to local bar associations and other professional organizations.
A member of the OSCPA’s Executive Board, Kent holds himself to the highest standards of conduct on any engagement.
BS, Accounting & Business Administration, Wittenberg University
Certification & Licensure
CPA – State of Ohio
ABV – Accreditation in Business Valuation
CVA – Certified Valuation Analyst
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, Executive Board and Ethics Committee
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts State Chapters Committee; Grading Committee
Springfield Family YMCA Treasurer
Industry & Service Teams
- Six reasons to have your business valued today February 19, 2015
- Many physicians get periodic practice valuations: Should you? February 9, 2015
- What’s on the radar of the business valuations community November 24, 2014
- What you need to know about business valuations
- How valuations can prove beneficial for your community bank September 19, 2014
- Can owners compensation affect the value of a company December 17, 2013
- Assessing damages: Don’t overlook prejudgment interest November 11, 2013
- Handle with care – Make sure buy-sell valuation provisions are clear September 17, 2013
- How to calculate lost earnings – It’s much more than just setting a dollar amount July 18, 2013
- The excess earnings method: When is it appropriate?
- Work with an expert when it’s time to value your company July 16, 2013
- SBA loans require an independent valuation June 11, 2013
- Get ready to take RMDs by year end
- Determining causation: What’s the expert’s role? April 18, 2013
- In business valuation, normal matters March 14, 2013
- Why the valuation date is so critical February 20, 2013
- Business Valuations: Helping businesses through worst-case scenarios March 19, 2012
- Discounts When Valuing Company Stock June 28, 2011
- Should Valuations be Formal or Informal
- A Question of Value January 12, 2011
- Buy-Out Provisions Can Cause Higher Valuation
- The Importance of a Buy-Sell Agreement
- Do You Know What Your Business Is Worth?
- CSH announces two new shareholders, promotions July 1, 2014
- What’s your medical practice worth? Knowing the value makes you stronger February 19, 2015
- Buy Sell Agreements-Fall Symposium February 3, 2015
- An In Depth Look at Community Banks and Valuations June 6, 2014