Run Improve Grow Education® Series
Now that Definity Partners has joined Clark Schaefer Hackett, we’re excited to launch game-changing training and development opportunities for manufacturers and distributors. If your training and development programs aren’t hitting the mark or you need to boost what you currently offer, don’t miss our Run Improve Grow Education Series.
These educational opportunities support the development needs of your key leaders and their teams — from the frontline to executive staff.
Fearless Leader Course: Level 1
Leadership is a skill that can be learned and refined. This program covers the nine fundamental leadership competencies that are essential to the success of your leaders and your organization. Focused on people, process, and performance this course will prepare your leaders (both old and new) with a clear direction and insight into understanding their effectiveness and success as a leader.
Do you have leaders (new or old) that need to:
- Grow and develop their team?
- Motivate employees and build trust within their teams?
- Improve their ability to give and receive feedback?
- Develop valuable communication skills?
- Sharpen their leadership saw?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, the Fearless Leader Course is a game-changer. Our unique “Hear it, See it, Do it” approach to training suits multiple learning styles, helps new ideas stick and lays the groundwork for new behavioral habits.
Lean Yellow Belt Certification (Lean Simulation)
This one-day, interactive learning experience delivers a powerful introduction to fundamental lean principles through a unique teaching method which includes interactive classroom sessions and hands-on, critical thinking simulation exercises. Unlike any other course of its kind, our immersive and interactive learning experience delivers a powerful introduction to the Run Improve Grow® philosophy and key lean principles.
- Identify and minimize various forms of waste
- Comprehend and apply a variety of lean tools
- Understand how to reduce cycle and lead times
- Demonstrate the requirements of developing cells through Kaizen
- Explain the relationship between inventory and waste
- Understand Run Improve Grow (Simplify the “run” of your business and capitalize on reactive improvements)
Designed for employees at all levels of your organization, the Lean Yellow Belt Certification blends unique, interactive classroom sessions with hands-on, critical thinking exercises.
Lean Green Belt Certification Course
The Lean Green Belt Certification begins with 3-days of hands-on instruction giving students a working knowledge of lean tools that will eliminate waste, improve productivity & quality, and reduce lead times. In addition to learning how to charter a project and calculate payback, participants will also learn problem solving and keys to sustainment.
Following the 3-day course, each participant will have the opportunity to charter and execute a Lean Improvement Project for the final certification, utilizing the material and tools learned that are relevant to a problem or challenge they are currently facing. The experience of planning, executing and implementing a project on-site, at their company turns theory into action and maximizes the retention of the newly acquired knowledge. Additionally, coaching by results driven Definity Partners Project Manager provides 20 hours of individualized onsite support and guidance throughout the project. Project Managers will also be available by phone and email as needed.
Do your teams struggle with:
- Making improvements independently?
- Sustainability of improvements?
- Solving problems together?
Upon earning the Lean Green Belt, participants will be prepared to lead company improvement teams to make a lasting impact on your business! Organizations can expect a 200% return on their investment from the single improvement project during Boot Camp and should expect continuous projects to occur with increased results. The Lean Green Belt Certification program focuses on a broad range of proven Lean Process Improvement Principles. Tools and techniques that will be taught and utilized include:
- Elimination of Waste
- Measurements & Metrics
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Value Stream Mapping
- Pull Production
- Deepen understanding of the Run-Improve-Grow™ business method
- Develop and use effective project management skills
- Understand comprehensive Lean process capabilities
- Identify & eliminate waste on a deeper level
- Utilize effective measurement techniques
- Learn to scope a project and calculate ROI
- Sustain the return on investment
Who should attend?
- Anyone who has received their Yellow Belt Certification
Designed for those who will be leading lean initiatives at the site level, this course will give participants a working knowledge of basic lean tools that will eliminate waste, improve productivity and quality, and reduce lead times.
“Definity’s solid reputation for instilling a lean-thinking culture was a perfect fit for developing our team.” Mike S, Plant Manager
Engaging Your Team Through Effective RIG Huddles
This half-day workshop is designed to tear down silos and engage individuals through effective huddles. During this interactive workshop, you will learn the importance of the daily huddle agenda, how to run a successful huddle, deal with challenging personalities that exist in every workforce, and how to engage your team to consistently raise the bar on excellence. Unlike other Huddle training programs, Definity Partners incorporates the Run Improve Grow principals, giving you proven sustainability results.
All too often, we see teams that:
- Get frustrated from a lack of communication or information
- Feel like no one is listening to their recommendations
- Play the blame game when problems occur
- Struggle to truly solve problems so they don’t reoccur
- Lack a clear understanding of their day-to-day performance
- Consistently feel like their losing and unable to meet expectations or deadlines
If your teams experience any of these conditions, this workshop is a game-changer. After attending this session, participants will receive a certificate of completion along with valuable tools to:
- Communicate in a common language
- Establish a behavior model that drives teamwork
- Reach new heights in employee engagement
- Raise the bar on excellence
F.A.S.T. Problem Solving
This workshop is a fun and interactive session that teaches a proven, simple and effective approach to problem solving that engages teams and achieves sustainable results.
What’s F.A.S.T Problem Solving?
Psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same approach to identify problems and implement solutions. The F.A.S.T. methodology to problem-solving is the key to move your teams from firefighting to proactive problem-solving. The process works for any kind of problem, large or small. Participants will learn to:
- Find the Real Problem: Too often problems are brought up in broad terms. Have you ever heard, “My machine is old and runs too slowly, we need a new one.” But what is the real problem? Yes, the machine is old, but maybe the solution is to upgrade or replace a part. If no one is examining the issue, you could be missing out on solving a problem that could really make a difference in your daily work flow and may not be as costly as originally anticipated.
- Assess for Root Cause: Most organizations either suffer from randomly selecting a cause for the problem (old machine needs replaced vs. replacing a part to fix it) or analysis paralysis (no one takes the time to figure it out, too much effort with seemingly little reward).
- Select Potential Solutions: Frequently in businesses, decisions are made by the person with the highest rank but not necessarily the person closest to the problem. By finding consensus with everyone impacted, the team can move forward with a better resolution.
- Trystorm New Approaches: Trystorming is a combination of brainstorming melded with rapid prototyping to determine if ideas will work quickly or not.
In addition, this course also introduces participants to the powerful Run Improve Grow® philosophy, that is a model for continuous improvement that stimulates a culture of consistent growth and innovation. Organizations who master the Run, can begin to Improve, and through bold leadership watch themselves Grow.
Ready to start a conversation?