The 2017 Tax Cuts & Jobs Act created a new incentive for investment in low-income communities known as “qualified opportunity zones” that has the potential to be a win-win for investors and low-income communities. This seminar provided an explanation of the opportunity zone program and recent developments from the last several months, particularly focusing on the second set of proposed Treasury Regulations issued in April, 2019.
• An overview of the opportunity zone program and the tax benefits
• Opportunity Fund requirements and structures
• Important issues relating to investments in real estate opportunity zones and operating businesses in the zones
• Inclusion events for deferred gain and exit strategies
• An overview of private placement and offering memorandums