For construction companies, increased competition, labor shortages and financing challenges are all in a day’s work. At Clark Schaefer Hackett we understand, because we help companies like yours overcome these hurdles every day.
Helping you build your future.
Our advisors stay on top of trends and important topics in the construction industry, and we apply our knowledge and insight to benefit you.
We can help you get that next project off the ground, manage risk and make smart decisions. But we also respond promptly, deliver quality and truly care about your success. We’re builders too – but our specialty is building strong working relationships.
Construction Service Offerings
Financial Reporting and Advisory Services
Good business decisions are based on a clear understanding of your company’s finances. We’ll help assess your financial picture, and together set expectations for growth. Our services include:
- Tailored assurance services: financial statements, audits, reviews & compilations
- Advisement on financing strategies, including attracting capital & evaluating loan proposals
- Analysis of leasing & rental options
- Cash flow analysis & budgeting
- Prequalification filings & cost certifications
- Review & implementation of internal control & cost accounting procedures
- Advisement on business opportunities, managing financial risk, and planning for long-term financial success
We offer a deep knowledge of the U.S. tax code, especially the unique opportunities for the construction industry. We can help you reduce the considerable business cost of taxation, while taking care of necessary reporting and compliance. Our tax services include:
- Local, state & federal tax return preparation, including planning & consulting for businesses & individuals
- Representation before taxing authorities
- Tax credit advice, including affordable housing, historic, green & new-market
- Evaluation of entity structure & organizational options
Our experience in the construction industry has taught us which processes and systems work. We will be your resource for best practices, from corporate structure and operations, to project management. Our services include:
- Job profitability breakdown & analysis for the purpose of increasing profit on all jobs
- Heavy equipment rates analysis
- Identification of your “sweet-spot” projects to help you focus your efforts
- Benchmarking & trend analysis
- Procedural controls integrated with construction accounting
- Employee benefit plan administration, audit & consulting
Business Succession Planning
You’ve worked hard, built your business, and continue to nurture its growth. Although you’re not ready to retire now, it’s on the horizon. Now is the time to start planning for the future to ensure you (and your family) can continue to reap the rewards of your success.
Our Certified Exit Planning Advisors have the specialized knowledge to help ensure you are personally prepared, financially prepared and continuing to maximize the value of your business.
Our exit planning process is customized based on your unique situation and may include:
- Succession planning
- Business valuation
- Value & profitability enhancement consulting
- Tax structuring
- Due diligence
- Income tax planning
- Estate tax planning
Our Approach to Client Service
At CSH, we believe better relationships produce better outcomes. We are so passionate about this approach that we published a book entitled The CSH Way, documenting our unique commitment to client service.
Our professionals are specially trained to deliver highly-valued client experiences, and our superior client satisfaction ratings are the result. In a recent independent survey, our client satisfaction ratings were 45% higher than the industry average*.
Here’s a closer look at results we’re proud of.
Ready to start a conversation?