Columbus-based Fentress & Barnes (F&B), one of the leading CPA firms focused on the nation’s affordable housing industry, has joined Clark Schaefer Hackett (CSH), a prominent tax, assurance and business advisory firm. The union made CSH one of the top 60 public accounting firms in the nation, based on information from the 2012 Accounting Today Top 100 Firms list.
Todd Fentress and Aram Moore of Fentress & Barnes have become CSH shareholders. And Fentress now serves as Clark Schaefer’s Affordable Housing Industry Group Chair. Deeply involved in the network of organizations that serve the industry, he is a member of the Affordable Housing Association of Indiana (AHAIN) advisory board and the Council for Rural Housing and Development of Ohio (CRHDO) board.
Moore has also dedicated his public accounting career to the affordable housing industry. He currently serves as board member and treasurer of Midwest Affordable Housing Management Association (MAHMA). Fentress, Moore and their staff have joined CSH shareholders Devesh Kamal and Darrin Spitzer in offering the firm’s affordable housing services, which include:
• development consulting for housing, historic, new markets and renewable energy tax credits
• tax exempt bond financing structures
• financial projections and proformas
• certification for carryover allocation (10% test)
• HUD mortgagor’s and contractor’s certificates of actual costs
• LIHTC placed in-service cost certification (8609 cost cert)
• break even / rental achievement reports
• financial statement services
• assisted and government insured properties, including RD, HUD and state funded properties
• tax planning and compliance services
• year 15 analysis, evaluating exit strategies for stakeholders
• IRS audit representation