Cybercriminals are experts at taking personal information from unsuspecting victims, and their methods are getting more sophisticated as technology evolves. Your cybersecurity tools should include advanced barriers and preventative solutions, along with impenetrable policies and procedures. Our Cybersecurity Checklist can help you double-check that your organization is prepared to defend itself in this new age of crime.
- We have established clear policies and procedures for employees to use our organization’s information technologies.
- Our defense strategy includes technical, organizational and operational controls.
- Our controls are properly mapped to a well-known security framework.
- Our policies include requirements for employee passwords, including mandatory password updates and password strength.
- Our cyber incident response planning is included in existing disaster recovery and business continuity plans across the organization.
- We have enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA) to further lock down applications and devices.
- We conduct regular IT reviews, audits and security tests to eliminate vulnerabilities.
- We regularly train employees on how to identify and interact with malicious emails, spam, and phishing attempts.
- We implement technical defenses, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and internet content filtering.
- We monitor, log, and analyze attempted intrusions to our systems and networks.
- Our employees’ mobile devices are registered and tracked from an MDM system implementation.
Content adapted from resources produced by the Department of Homeland Security.