Overcoming budget challenges, improving financial accountability, protecting your tax-exempt status — there’s no shortage of issues when you’re running a not-for-profit.
Helping you fulfill your mission.
While you focus on your organization’s goals and the people you serve, we focus on supporting your financial and operational well-being and growth. We help you stay compliant, manage risk and make smart decisions. And we’ll also respond promptly, deliver quality and truly care about your mission. More than 800 not-for-profits have counted on us to do just that.
Our commitment to service extends to our communities as well. Our firm and employees have donated thousands of dollars and volunteer hours to not-for-profit organizations in the areas where we live and work.
Not-for-Profit Service Offerings
More than just compliance, quality assurance services bring credibility to the financial picture of your not-for-profit. We strengthen your organization by keeping operational improvements top-of-mind as we examine your financials, practices and policies. Our assurance services include:
- Financial statement audits, reviews & compilations
- Employee benefit plan audit
- Internal audit
- Outsourced accounting
- Reports on internal controls
With our deep knowledge of the not-for-profit industry, we’ll make sure you fulfill required annual reporting requirements and help ensure you retain your tax-exempt status. Our tax compliance services include:
- Corporate formation & application for tax-exempt status
- Form 990s, 990-T & state equivalent returns
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) reviews
- Public charity status redetermination requests
- Private letter ruling requests
- IRS examination assistance
- Cost allocation
- Employment & payroll compliance
- Fringe benefit reviews
- Executive compensation planning
- Private use analysis for tax-exempt bonds
- Formation of taxable & non-taxable subsidiaries
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Joint venture structuring
- International tax planning for global initiatives
- Planned giving advisory services
- Charitable solicitation registration & renewal
- Sales & use tax preparation & consulting
- Unclaimed property compliance & consulting
From strategic planning to mergers and acquisitions, our professionals provide an array of consulting services, including:
Our Approach to Client Service
At CSH, we believe better relationships produce better outcomes. We are so passionate about this approach that we published a book entitled The CSH Way, documenting our unique commitment to client service.
Our professionals are specially trained to deliver highly-valued client experiences, and our superior client satisfaction ratings are the result. In a recent independent survey, our client satisfaction ratings were 45% higher than the industry average*.
Ready to start a conversation?